While I am in the pool I always find myself watching others techniques and critiquing them. Many people seem to make the same mistakes so below is my list of tips.
Freestyle Technique Tips
- Slight bend in the legs on down beat and straight on the up beat
- Kick from the hips (not the knees)
- Point toes
- Controlled body roll
- Don't hold breath, exhale under water
- Roll head to the side to breath (expose mouth to the air)
- Don't excessively cup hands, hold fingers loosely together
- Fingers enter the water first
- High elbows
Hope to see you in the pool!