Friday, 22 November 2013

Colds and Pregnancy

It seem that every year leading into summer I catch a cold. Mind you it already feels like summer is here with the warm weather we are having in Perth.

Being pregnant you are unable to take most of the cold and flu medications so I am sipping on a batch of Cold and Flu Tonic that I just whipped up. I am so thankful that we have a lemon tree in the back yard as I am also drinking lots of hot honey and lemon drinks to sooth my sore throat.


Do you have any home remedies that you use for a cold?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think a healthy chicken soup with lots of vegies is the way to go. Hope you feel better soon.

Wendy Parks said...

It's so hard when you feel unwell when pregnant, and you just know that a cold and flu tablet or some nasal spray would make you feel so much better.
Hot water with lemon juice is one of my favourite things to drink.

Susannah said...

I just make sure I eat a lot of fresh seasonal fruit, and if I'm up to it, cook the healthiest meals I can. Getting enough sleep does wonders for a cold too. Hope you feel better soon! sparkle2day.com

Bron said...

Great advice...we love our lemon tree in the back yard too. xxx

SlapdashMama said...

I always have a weird craving for spicy food, like Thai soups or something, when I am sick with a cold. Maybe there is something in that??

Lizzy Allan said...

I always drink honey and lemon for a cold too. Wish we had a lemon tree in our backyard!

Anonymous said...

Cool document, lemon is the best remedy for colds. Great advice! http://www.donnaandtora.com/

Anonymous said...

Stay at home Mama's Boy Earns $1832-$2856 Per week Working PART TIME.
http://instantpaydaynetwork.com/zacconst