Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Water Aerobics

I normally love the hot weather but I am finding it a bit of a struggle during this pregnancy. On the weekend I made the most of our pool and got stuck into some water aerobics.

Walking in water is great as it is low impact on your joints and you also stay nice and cool!!

Using a noodle is great for some resistance training.  The water should be at chest level, repeat each exercise slowing doing 15-20 reps and have a rest between moves. Remember to breathe and keep your core muscles contracted.

Also remember to keep up your fluids when exercising and especially when it is hot outside.

Of course daddy was keeping a close eye on JJ while I was working out!

5 comments:

floodproofmum said...

I lived in a pool when I was pregnant with the twins. The weight off my legs and torso was amazing...and I was so hot all the time. Thanks for the memories. Hope all is going well, Cheers Tanya

Anne Downing said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to be pregnant with twins. My belly already feels like it can't get any bigger!

JaneA said...

All the best with your exercises! I think the pool is the best place to be when it's hot. X Jane http://janeheinrichs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried water aerobics, but I can see all the action at my new gym. It looks a lot of fun, though think I might half drown if I start laughing ;)

Name: Tora
Website: www.donnaandtora.com

Jamyla Taylor said...

Hi there, nice post and a good source of information. It really shows that you're an expert in this field. I'm looking for some informations about personal fitness training in this site. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Cheers!