Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Waiting and Pregnancy Squats

I am still pregnant and patiently waiting!! I really want this baby to come before Friday as the doctors will want to induce my labour. With my first child I was induced and ended up with an emergency c-section so I am trying all the natural ways to bring on labour but so far nothing is working.

My belly on the due date

My yoga instructor suggested squats to help the baby's head engage.
  • Lean against a wall if needed
  • Can also hang onto your kitchen bench and just squat down
  • Roll a blanket or towel under your heels
  • Make sure squats are deep
  • Keep feet nice and wide

For now all I can do is trust my body knows what to do and hope that I will naturally go into labour and have a successful VBAC (Vaginal birth after cesarean).

(Remember to consult your health practitioner before exercising, especially when pregnant).

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Pregnancy squats are a great idea.